Monday, July 2, 2012

quick post, lots of pics, not much explanation...

So, it has been quite a while since my last post, but I have been a bit busy.  As if building a house isnt't enough to keep folks busy, I recently took a new job with Accenture. 

For the first time in about a month, I was able to get the photos off of my phone and onto my computer so that I could provide an update on the progress of the build.  Plus, I have had quite a few requests, so here goes...

The pics are really not in a specific order or really organized in a way that makes sense and the descriptions will be brief so if you are curious, ask me a question. 

I will try to do a blog post each day this week in an effort to give details about the pond, furniture that is on order or received, art that we commissioned from a local artist here in Oak Cliff...  Notice I used the word try...executing may be a different story.

Entry - before grading of lot

Sidewalk - before grading of lot

Apron Sink - Kitchen Island


 
Handrail - taken from landing leading to second flight of stairs

Door Hardware

Upstairs Shower Tile

Upstairs Bath Wallpaper - Feature over Vanity (on order)
 
Master Bath Tile - Pebble shower floor

Kitchen after backsplash - Lights On!

Exterior - After Electricity

Grading and Pond Install

Driveway and Grading

Exterior after grading and electricity

Sidewalk and grading and electricity

Another grading

Pond location and grading and lighting

Utility - after tile and electricity
 
 
Penny Tile - Powder Bath before sealing of tile


These photos hopefully provide an update of all of the progress that has been made to date.  This week is supposed to be extremely productive - the deck is supposed to go in, the pond should be finished, air conditioning will be installed, plumbing and fixtures should be installed, appliances should be installed, our diy concrete hearth molds should be completed (I know I said no more DIY, but since we do not have to do the hard part which is the building of the molds and installing them on the wall, I think we can handle the concrete part - plus there are lots of tutorials online on how to use Buddy Rhodes products). 

I am guessing that maybe two of these things will get done...  But, we will just have to wait and see...stay tuned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment