Saturday, July 28, 2012

we are beginning to see a finish line...

This post is going to be a quick update of many different topics - I haven't had time to do a lot of blogging since work keeps me busy, plus actual work seems to get done when I am out of town...

Floors

The floors look beautiful.  We chose a chestnut color - they are a bit shinier than I was hoping, but still beautiful.  Tom says they still have to put one more coat of varnish on...I wish they will also sand it and put a matte finish on it, but probably at this point what we see is what we get!

Master Bedroom

Loft Stair Leading Down

And I can't believe I am saying it, but I LOVE CARPET!!!  This is a Shaw Tuftex carpet called Promenade in Silver Lake color... check it out here.


Appliances


All of the stress we endured while the appliances sat in wait in the garage was unfounded...  They have now been installed and look awesome.  We even got a high five from the installer for installing the custom wood doors on the refrigerator ourselves!





The cleaning crew arrives on Monday to get the house in shape for the painters to do their final touchups.

Lights





The large drum pendant doesn't photograph well, plus we need to raise it about 5 inches closer to the ceiling.  The lights and the cabinet pulls really added some bling!

This summarizes about two weeks of work - cannot wait to have a professional take photos once the house is complete.  Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment