Saturday, June 16, 2012

tile update and other stuff...

After a very busy Saturday, I am very happy to report that the tile crew have made excellent progress and are doing an excellent job!  They started early this morning and worked until at least 7pm this evening. 

The upstairs bath shower and floor, utility floor, master shower, and powder room wall were completed - to be grouted tomorrow.  The master bath shower floor and the rest of the master bath floor will be completed tomorrow and I guess they will come back to finish the kitchen backsplash when the tile arrives. 

The head boss of the tile guys has been excellent to work with - he suggested grout colors and showed us how the grout would look next to the tile and also worked with us to simplify the upstairs shower tile design (which translates to less expensive to install...).

Everything is moving along quite nicely.  Below is the Master Shower - it is a glass and stone mosaic mix and is quite handsome! 



Next is the streamlined upstairs bath tile - I really like the clean lines and how well the colors work with each other.  I cannot wait until the tiles are grouted - I was so excited to post some updated pictures that I could not wait.  So, after the grout is complete, I will post new pictures.


And, unrelated to tile, the pantry was finally, begrudgingly painted!  I think it looks quite awesome!

 
Will keep you posted as to the progress.  I think that we are getting to the point where lots of stuff will happen very quickly that before we know it, we will be all moved in. 

But, until then, stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment