Sunday, April 1, 2012

a door that pivots...

Funny story...the front door was installed on Friday morning.  I first noticed the windows - they are beautiful!  But when I further inspected the door I was a bit concerned.  The material of the door looked like hardboard, the kind that many artists these days are using as their canvas. 

Now, I knew that we were saving some money on the front door because we are painting it, but I was not expecting this...


We just assumed that not all of the pieces had arrived and since it is a pivoting door we kind of figured it would all work itself out in the end.  If you are not familiar with pivoting doors, there is no hinge required.  See below for a visual...


There is a happy ending to the story though...  We met with the builder on Saturday and asked about the door and he said that it was just construction door!  We all had a nice laugh...

Now, you might remember that we are going to paint the door yellow...and if any of you are like my mom, you are saying, YELLOW?  I think her exact words, in my best southern accent, were something like this: "You are really going to paint the front door yellow?  Like, lemon yellow...or school bus yellow?  I just can't picture a yellow door." 

I tried to explain that while not what you would expect, yellow doors are becoming popular by those of us who are not afraid of color.  Many posts, like this one (click here) are exploring the precarious topic of yellow doors.

While the specific color has not been decided, I did a quick drive by at lowes and picked up a few samples.  We are leaning toward the color below...and not just because it is called Beach Ball from Olympic, but that will make it easier to remember when folks ask...and we know folks will ask! 

 
And, for those of you who still may be skeptical, you won't be alone.  As was mentioned by another blogger, yellow doors are not for the faint of heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment