Monday, April 16, 2012

brick and mortar...

We were presented with three choices for the brick mortar color - in a very clever way.  Honestly, I would have never thought of this...


It is very interesting how the mortar almost changes the color of the brick.  We chose door number three...and not only because it makes the bricks look less pink!  Below is a shot of the bricks with the stucco sample.  The stucco will be on the exterior of the second level and will never really be in direct contact with the brick, but the match is almost perfect!



I know it looks like someone used the stucco sample as a paintball target...but it's just splatter from the drywall. 

I cannot wait for the day that those wonderful green boards are covered with bricks, stucco and wood!  I am not a patient person...and I will not lie to you, I am so ready for the house to be done!  So, I will continue to suppress my impatience because I know that soon the exterior will be done and we will be that much closer to the finish line...



They say that a watched pot never boils...the same can be said about watching a house be built.

No comments:

Post a Comment