Wednesday, May 23, 2012

wishing that i could watch paint dry...

Since I get daily requests for updates to the blog, here goes nothing.  And, unfortunately, there is nothing much to update.  We had the cabinets installed on May 8, 2012...these cabinets were installed on unpainted walls which today are mostly primed, but still unpainted.

You know that saying that some folks say when they are doing something that they do not want to be doing...well it goes something like "I would rather be watching paint dry..." 

The crazy thing is that day after day I visit the house actually hoping to watch paint dry...and day after day I am greeted by the same mostly primed, but still unpainted walls. 

To be fair, the cabinets to be painted have been primed.  And, the cabinets that were to be stained have been stained and they are beautiful!  But, my goodness, with the amount of time that has passed since delivery I would hope that they would be...

Here are pictures taken of the cabinets...notice that the walls remain mostly primed, but still unpainted since May 10, 2012 (apologies to those of you who saw the original post, I have since corrected the incorrectly rotated photos...so you no longer have to tilt your head to the right):

Kitchen Cabinets - Stove Wall

Utility Cabinets

Entertainment Cabinet

Kitchen Cabinets - Fridge Wall

Kitchen Island Stained and Cabinets Primed

Stained Island and Drawers

Sanded Entertainment Cabinet

Lacquered Island

Sanded Upstairs Bath Vanity

So, that is my update.  You are probably frustrated just having to tilt your head in order to kind of see the pictures...imagine how frustrated we are going to the house in hopes of seeing just a little bit of gray on the cabinets...

And there are still a LOT of walls that do not have paint on them...  We have been promised that the trim will be painted tomorrow and most of the walls will be complete by Friday...if that happens, I will jump for joy.  But, I can promise I am not holding my breath!

Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment