Monday, March 12, 2012

starting to love fractions, especially three tenths...

Since my last post, so much has happened.  Apologies for my lack of posting, but I have literally been to Singapore and back.  So, life doesn't stop while you are building a home.  Luckily, our builder is a champ.  We are officially 30% complete - for those of you who are still trying to figure out why I am starting to love fractions...that is 3/10 or three tenths of the way there!

So, the slab was poured - then it rained...the rain cleared up and it has been fast and furious ever since.  We went from beginning to actually see the footprint of our home...and now we can actually see a home!  For all of those folks who would drive by and wonder what the house was going to look like, they have to wonder no more.  Ok, so without further delay...let's go back in time to February 21, 2012.  The photos will hopefully show you a flipbook of sorts.  I have to admit, watching the progress is uber-exciting!

On Feb 21, 2012, you can see the slab and the initial frame work.  I am standing inside, where the kitchen will be - they started with the master bedroom.  (And, in relation to the potty, it would be way off to my left side.)

Later that same day, the other end of the house is taking shape - this photo was taken from Cortez.  From this angle, you are looking at the front of the house.  Tom, the builder, gave me the idea to always try and at least capture one shot from the same angle so that at the end, you can have a time lapse view of the build from start to finish...he is so smart!


Now the next day, February 22, 2012 you can really see what happens when we have beautiful weather and a good crew!


They were even able to work on the roof trusses this day as well!  Now, I haven't forgotten to position the house for you - all of these pictures are taken from a similar angle facing the house from Cortez (potty would be off the screen to the right):


For the next couple of days, things take place really fast and I can only admire them from afar...REALLY afar.  I traveled to Singapore for work - so, that is like travelling forward in time and then back in time.  And, I was only in Singapore for 3 days - but total travel time started Friday, February 24th in the evening and I arrived back to Dallas on the afternoon of February 29th.

I will just post pictures of the progress in chronological order - at least to the best of my jet lagged ability.  I have captioned each photo as best I can remember.

View from Thornberry (former enchanted forest would have been to immediate right as well as potty to immediate right)


View from back yard.  The second story is going up!  (probably if the house wasnt there, we could almost see the potty in front of us).




Now the two photos were both taken on February 29, 2012.  This was the day that I returned from Singapore.  The first of the two I snapped on my way home from the airport.  The second I snapped later that evening when I drove McKinney, the dog, to see his new digs.  The second level is taking shape. (Potty is just off the screen to the right)


Let's just fast forward to March 4, 2012.  Wow.  Most of the greenboard is being installed and you can see the framing of the final element in the top left of the photo.


 And on March 9, 2012 - it's beautiful!

Another taken on March 9 - this is looking through the doors that will be where our breakfast area will be.  All of the open spaces are going to be glass walls and sliding doors.  Oh the fun McKinney will have with all of that brand new, untouched glass.

But who could get mad at that face?  By the way, the Shark hand-held steamer works wonders on windows!

So, on a scale of 1 to the moon of excitement...just call me Buzz Aldrin.  Again, I apologize for falling behind.  Being a blogger is such hard work - I am neither as witty or interesting as many of the blogs that I have seen.  But hang in there, we have a long way to go.

We still have faucets and counters and appliances and doors and cabinets to choose...and flooring and paint...and....  My head is spinning into another dimension, but it sure is fun!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment