Wednesday, March 21, 2012

houzz is my pintrest...

So, I am reading Stephen King's book 11/22/63 and although it started really, really slow, I am fully engaged now and the pages are almost turning themselves, finally!  The premise of the book (without  giving away too much for those who have not read it) is that the main character discovered a wrinkle which allows him to travel back in time. 

Since this is not a book club blog, I will get right to the point.  I am not sure that I could have survived in the 1950s.  First, there was no internet.  Second, there were no Ipads.  And while it frustrates me at times that I cannot stream flash videos on my Ipad, I can do some really great research related to new home products and photos of all styles using Houzz (check it out here... ).

From their website:  Houzz is a leading destination site for home design enthusiasts-- professionals and homeowners. The Houzz site and mobile apps feature over 250,000 high quality interior and exterior photos, thousands of highly-engaging articles written by design experts, product recommendations and social tools to manage the remodeling and decorating process.

In a nutshell, it is AWEsome!  I cannot imagine building a home without this site.  The craze these days seems to be pintrest, but Houzz is dedicated specifically to home related things.  All of you pintrest nerds can disagree with me all you want...  I don't want to cook or read funny jokes, I want to look at bathrooms or countertops and don't want to have to filter through silliness to get there.

One of the best features of the site once you have created an account is creating Ideabooks.  I have created idea books for living room, kitchen, bathroom, exterior - and I can save images to each ideabook to keep them separate for viewing later with the builder. 

Thank you internet and Houzz for making building a house so much easier!


No comments:

Post a Comment