Tuesday, September 11, 2012

roll tide... we've moved!

The big day was August 30, 2012 (began moving) - and an equally big day was September 1, 2012 (Alabama beat Michigan at Jerry's World).

It is unbelievable the amount of stuff that can be collected over a nine year time period - just the house, outside furniture, and attic filled up a 24 foot moving truck.  24 feet is pretty big...and it was full!


I have been so busy with work, the move, and football that I have neglected the blog (I know, I know, enough already...I get it, I haven't posted in a while!).  And, unfortunately, this post won't be that exciting. 

Moving is awful!  And now comes the really fun part - putting the OC home on the market.  We hope to have the house ready for MLS in two weeks.  It will be sparkling thanks to the wonderful guidance of our realtor Steve Habgood! 

I do have to admit that while we love our new home, not living by our neighbors and close friends on South Montreal is very sad.  But, it isn't like we died...and it isn't like we are far away! 

For the most part, the punch list is getting addressed.  We finally got landscaping and the deck was installed!  So awesome to feed the fish and not have to walk in mud!  There are still items that I do not think will EVER get finished...  I hope that by November, our life has settled down, the OC home has sold, and most of the boxes will be unpacked!

I do want to thank Mom and Dad for helping me with the move - I couldn't have done it without them!  And, we still had enough energy to help Alabama beat Michigan!  Here we are - with our game faces on!


And, last but not least, a couple of photos of the landscape and Daniel Padilla's awesome artwork!





If my life settles down in the near future, I will post some updated photos and hopefully get to report that all punch list has been completed...  But, for now, I will go to bed because I should be sleeping and not updating the blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment