Saturday, August 11, 2012

time warner cable is a joke...

Since I, in fact, do not know all the specifics required to get phone and internet service at a new home, I do know for a fact that it requires capable technicians to perform the service.  I also know that it is a fact that this service must be scheduled in advance requiring a window of time that the service is to be completed in - so on July 29, 2012 I called Time Warner Cable and requested new phone and internet service and was provided an install date of August 9, 2012 between 8am and 12pm. 

As of this post, we still do not have phone or internet service and I have probably spent more than 3 hours on the phone with technicians and customer service agents without any resolution to the issue.  In fact, today, Time Warner actually lied to me, blatantly! 

Day 1

The initial technician arrived 2 hours late on August 8, 2012 and was unable to complete the installation because in order to have service a wire must be run from the street to our house.  I said... I KNOW!  THAT IS WHAT YOU ARE HEAR FOR!  Well, apparently no, he can only hook stuff up on the house and install the router for the phone and internet.  I was promised that wire would be run under the ground before the end of the day.  At the end of Day 1 - no underground wire, no service.

Day 2

After no service, I called the technician who was supposed to perform the work on Day 1 (his cell phone number showed up on my phone because he was late and had to call...so, at least I had a contact person who lied about escalating my issue to his manager, but gave me his manager's phone number nonetheless...).  I was promised that by the end of Day 2, I would have service - that a line would be run to my home and service would be connected.  At the end of Day 2 - underground wire, no connection, no service.  The customer service agent that I called that night said that she could not believe they would run the wire but not connect the service...well, pictures don't lie!



After seeing that the wire had been run, I assumed that I would fire up my computer and be on the internet...  Little did I know that I would walk outside and find said cable poking up from the ground not connected to anything...  I assumed that I could run to Radio Shack and at least perform some DIY to get connected, so off I go with a plan!


Luckily, I thought to look at the wire from the street before performing the connection at the house...  Quite a shock to see the sad little wire dangling at the other end! 


But look how neatly the address is labeled...  My plan now changes to calling customer service at Time Warner Cable yet again...

Day 3

Service still not performed - was lied to by Time Warner that a technician performed the connection between 8-9am.  After Day 3 - no connection, no service.

Day 4 begins tomorrow and I am in disbelief at Time Warner Cable's complete incompetence.  Let's just hope that before I go insane, they will get this figured out.  For my inconvenience, they are giving me a $20 credit...how nice of them...

But all customers get $20 when a technician misses an appointment.  Since the guy was late on the 9th, I should actually have a $40 credit.  We will worry about this once service is actually connected, but you can bet that Time Warner has not heard the last from me...at this point, I am committed!

No comments:

Post a Comment