Sunday, January 22, 2012

modern with a touch of yellow...

There are so many things about the floor plan that excite me, but I am equally excited about the plan for the exterior.  Not sure how many folks share our tastes, but we have challenged our builder to give us modern on the outside, but warm and transitional on the inside.  There are a lot of things we love about modern homes, but the one thing that we do not like is sterile and uninviting.  We also do not like things too "European'y".  The renderings are works in progress, but the structure shouldn't change too much.  I envision that the bricks, stucco, and wood stain will probably change multiple times between now and then...but one thing that I know I want is a yellow front door.

Living on a corner lot in addition to the restrictions placed by the city where the house must be built really challenged Mr. Greico, but we really think that he delivered an excellent design.  If you are driving down Cortez, which is what our address will be, you will view the house from this angle:


I really love all of the architectural elements, especially the flat roof and the stairway tower in white.  We haven't fully decided the specific color of the brick or stucco, but we definitely want to keep the white.

If you are driving down Thornberry, which is right off Northwest Highway, you will view the house from this angle:


Since the home is situated to face Cortez, this elevation took much thought because the house has to look good from all angles.  I think that it was a smart idea to have both the driveway and the sidewalk face Thornberry.

As for the yellow door, the color isn't quite right in the rendering, but the home is in its infancy.  This whole process will really test my nerves...I mean patience.  But, it is all so exciting. 


Renderings are so much fun.  I bet the fellow on the stairs was so perplexed at how fast the grass grew and how quickly the sidewalk disappeared.

No comments:

Post a Comment